Who uses self storage? Well, the answer is a lot of people. Self storage is very versatile, helping people store their personal belongings, business stock and much, much more.
If you’re new to the world of self storage, you’re probably wondering how it all works. Fortunately, our handy guide is here to talk you through the different types of self storage so you can choose the right one for you.
Many people use self storage to store items from their homes. Home storage provides flexible solutions for both long-term and short-term storage, so whether you need to store a sofa for a few weeks or you’re travelling around the world for a year, you can find a suitable storage unit for you.
What are the benefits of home storage?
- Extra space: Not everyone has ample storage space in their homes, but why should that mean you have to get rid of some of your things? Having a storage unit gives you the extra storage space you need to store your items until you need them. From furniture to clothing, you can use your self storage for whatever you need.
- Decluttering: A cluttered home often leads to a messy home. So if you’re looking to get on top of things, a self storage unit could be just what you need. Use it to store the things you don’t need every day so that you can keep your home clutter-free.
- Security: Self storage units are secure, with surveillance and security personnel to help keep your valuables safe.
- Accessibility: With convenient opening hours, you can access your self storage at a time that’s suitable for you. Being able to access your items when you need them gives you flexibility, which is ideal if you need regular access to your belongings.
- Protection from environmental factors: Storing your belongings in the garage or your garden shed isn’t always the best solution to protect them from the elements. Self storage units provide the ultimate protection from environmental factors, keeping your things safe and dry.
- Cost-effective: Self storage is an affordable and cost-effective solution to store your home belongings. With a variety of unit sizes and different contracts available, you can easily find a storage unit plan that works for you.
Who is home storage suitable for?
Home storage is suitable for all kinds of people. Some of the many reasons people choose self storage for their belongings include:
- Moving house
- Extra storage
- Children moving out/new additions to the family
- Seasonal transitions
Self storage can be useful for businesses for all sorts of reasons. They are useful for holding stock until it’s needed, storing documents, equipment and so much more. Suitable for businesses of all sizes, self storage provides solutions for all kinds of business needs.
What are the benefits of business storage?
- Simple stock management: Self storage units are ideal for storing any additional stock or stock you don’t need. You can organise your inventory according to your needs, saving space within your business premises.
- Affordable storage alternative: If you’re looking for an affordable alternative to warehouses for your business, consider self storage solutions to store your stock, equipment and supplies.
- Scalable storage: Self storage can be flexible according to your needs, so if you need to increase the size of your storage or downsize in line with demand, you can choose an alternative unit.
- Secure solutions: Security is vital for protecting your business’ belongings and its data. Self storage solutions provide secure facilities, with 24/7 CCTV security to give you peace of mind that your unit is safe.
- Seasonal storage: Benefit from seasonal storage to cover your business throughout the year. From exhibition equipment to Christmas decorations, self storage will give you flexibility and free up space.
- Convenient locations: With a range of locations available, you can choose a storage unit that’s convenient for your business for easy access when you need it.
Who is business storage suitable for?
Business storage is suitable for businesses of all sizes, providing solutions such as:
- Archive and document storage
- Equipment storage
- House stock for online orders
- Moving office
Using secure storage is an essential solution for businesses and individuals looking for somewhere safe to store their belongings. Secure storage helps keep your items safe from damage, loss and theft, giving your peace of mind that your belongings are protected from harm.
What are the benefits of secure storage?
Self storage has many different uses, but the level of security provided is one of the key reasons people choose to use it over other types of storage. Some of the main benefits of secure storage include:
- Privacy: Secure storage helps you to maintain privacy. Not only are your belongings kept away from prying eyes, but any personal data that you store will be protected too.
- Climate-controlled conditions: Self storage provides optimal conditions to store your belongings. Protecting them from heat and cold, you can relax knowing your items will be stored at a suitable temperature.
- Protection from environmental damage: Many types of storage can’t guarantee protection from water damage, wind, sunlight and other environmental factors that could damage your belongings. Self storage units provide a great alternative, allowing you to store your items without worrying about the elements.
- 24/7 security: Secure storage will ensure your units are monitored 24/7. Combined with secure access and on-site personnel, you can feel confident that your goods are carefully protected.
- Contents protection: Benefit from extra protection for your belongings with the help of additional contents protection, available to cover your items in case of loss or damage while in storage.
Who is secure storage for?
Secure storage is suitable for a range of purposes, including:
- Safe storage of documents and private data
- Protection against loss, theft or damage for personal belongings or business items
- Individuals without access to secure storage at home or their work premises.
- Those looking for secure solutions to protect their belongings without additional cost.
With home, business and secure storage solutions, there are self storage solutions to meet every need. At Squab Storage, we provide professional storage services in Bridgwater, Evesham, Leamington Spa, Rubery and Stowmarket. Book online or contact us today on 0345 4680 160 and we’ll help provide the most suitable storage options for your needs.